1) I’m a U.S. citizen. That’s why I don’t need to go over if you like other countries. It may also explain why revocation or controversialization of ethnicity, memberships(1) or anything else inhibits commerce and development.
2) The United States is a developed country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country.
3) I’m not a military vet. It may not be clear to everyone in relationship to 9-11.
4) It may not be clear why anyone has any special interest in ethnicity. It may not be relevent apart from being a white American. It might be someone generating PR problems that has a problem with white Americans.
(1) It may be the U.S. military that will incriminate any organization that has membership that is international. Another way to think about it is incrimination from a black guy with a chip on their shoulder.